Monday, March 17, 2008

Interwrite Pad Websites & Thoughts

http://www.interwritelearning.com/solutions/k12/whichsolution.html

This website discusses how the intewrite pad is ideal for your classroom. The following are the bullets that the website discussed:
  • Teachers to use while walking around the classroom engaging students in the learning
  • Students are able to use the Interwrite pad from their seats
  • It helps keep special needs students engaged when they are not able to get up and go to the board. Instead the students are able to use the interwrite pad to respond and use during the lesson from their desk.
  • Schools with budget restraints.
  • When your classroom is too large to use the interwrite board, then the interwrite pad is great alternative.

http://www.interwritelearning.com/solutions/k12/getthemost.html

This website discusses how you can get the most out of your interwrite learning solutions. They offer online video tutorials, live webex training, on-site professional development (email training@interwritelearning.com), free state-aligned lessons http://www.interwritelearning.com/resources/standards.html, Interwrite learning case studies, tech support, and discussion board.

I personally did not realize that they offered all of these things or I would have already looked at these websites to try and integrate this more in my literacy centers. This could be another tool that I can use for my struggling readers and writers. I could use some of the lessons as intervention lessons, instead of some of the games and things that I have been doing. I am always open for more ways to integrate technology into my classroom and I feel that using this in literacy centers or as an intervention tool is just another way to engage my students using emerging technology. I am very encouraged after reading these websites and learning more about the interwrite pad. I will share more after I start using the interwrite pad more this week. Hopefully it will be positive learning experiences instead of frustrating experiences like previously.

No comments: